OData is a connector between DataRails' database and Excel, you may use it in order to get data from different Fileboxes into Excel.
Using OData for the first time will require a minute to set up, after that you may access OData by clicking on "Recent Sources" in the Data tab of Excel.
Setting up OData for the first time:
- In Excel, open the Data tab or the Power Query tab (depends on the Excel version you are using)
- Click on "Get Data" or "New Query" icon -> Choose "From other sources" -> Choose "From OData Feed"
- A pop-up window will require the URL (below) - copy it and paste it into the URL box (shown below) -> click "OK"
- You are ready to go! However, if an error message pops up, follow the troubleshooting instruction below.
- Make sure to check out the next articles on using OData.
If you received an error message when logging in, you may need to add your Datarails credentials to Excel.
There are 2 ways of doing this:
- Quick Access (pop up window will automatically appear when getting the error message)
- Click on the "Basic" tab on the left, fill in your DataRails credentials (the user-name and password used to log into your Datarails account) and then click Save.
2. Accessing the Credentials from Excel
- Go to the "Data" tab in Excel -> Click on "Get Data" or "New Query" icon -> Click on "Data Source Settings"
- Click on "Edit Permissions"
- Click on "Edit"
- Click on the "Basic" tab on the left and fill in your DataRails credentials (the user-name and password used to log into your Datarails account) and then click Save.