Once you sort an element of the widget, the setting will be saved for all widgets.
To sort the items within each one of the elements of a widget, follow these steps:
- Choose the element you would like to sort and click on the 2 arrows icon If the element is already placed as part of the widget (Axis, Legend, Values or Filters boxes) drag it to the left side area and click on the 2 arrows icon. Once you are done sorting, drag it back to where it was.
- A new window will pop-up, choose the type of sorting you would like the element to have. Sort by the item's values - for numerical elements
- Sort alphabetically
- Sort by date - use "Like Date String"
- Custom Order - you can choose the order of items within the element
- There are 2 ways to use the Custom Order
- Drag and drop the items using the cursor
- Write the order of the elements - by clicking on the checkbox at the bottom of the item list. Most useful when there is a large number of items.
Make sure to write the item names exactly as they appear on the list. You may copy the items to an external source (e.g notes, word, excel), arrange them and paste the item list back in.