A collection process is a folder containing multiple FileBoxes and is used to automatically consolidate the data from any number of different FileBoxes into one master table in the DataBase. This means, that the data from all versions from all FileBoxes within the collection process, will be automatically saved in the same table in the DataBase.
- New Collection Process
- Upload files to a Collection Process
- Add new FileBox to a Collection Process
New Collection Process
To create a new Collection Process from your workspace, click on the New button in the upper right corner of the screen and then click New Collection Process.
A new screen with six steps will open:
- Step 1 - type the name of the new collection process and click Next.
- Step 2 - set up Submission Tags by clicking on the switch to turn "on" your preferred tags and then click Next. For more information about setting up Submission, Tags click here.
- Step 3 - type the Dimension Name you want to create. Then, type the Dimension Values, a FileBox would be created for each of the values specified. *Use the enter key to separate the different values. To complete this step click Next.
- Step 4 - Upload Config file. If you don't have a config file simply click Next.
- Step 5 - Upload Template file. If you don't have a template file simply click Next. For more information about using templates click here.
- Step 6 -Click Save to finish the process.
Upload files to a Collection Process
There are two ways to upload files to a collection process:
- Upload files to the Collection Process FileBoxes using Workspace
- Balk upload:
- In the Workspace Hover over the Collection Process
- Click on the 3 dots and click Upload Files from the drop-down list.
Add new FileBox to a Collection Process
If you set up a collection process and would like to add another FileBox, follow these steps:
1. Open the collection process from the Workspace, by clicking on its name or icon
2. Click on the "New" button on the right-hand side of the collection process view, and choose "New FileBoxes."
3. Create the new FileBoxes.
- Name the new Fileboxes.
- Add a template to the Fileboxes, if you wish.