Once logged in and inside the workspace, you will be able to see different folders and fileboxes. On the right side of every filebox or folder, there are 3 dots.
Click the 3 dots and you will have the option to share all the data in this location to another user
Then you will have the option to invite new team members
Insert their email after clicking on "Invite New Team Members" and select which type of viewer yo would like them to be.
Once finished, click "Send Invitation" and the user will be able to view the documents as whatever role you gave them.
The Collaboration tab has two sections:
- Team section - on the left side
- Feed section - on the right side
In this section, you will see a list of owners and other contributors/viewers and you can invite new team members, edit permissions and delete collaborators.
DataRails offers a number of predefined permission roles that reflect typical use-cases for DataRails users:
- Owner - has full permissions to edit, delete, and share the Filebox.
- Contributor - has permission to upload versions to the Filebox.
- FileBox Viewer - has permission to view versions.
- Filebox Dashboard Viewer - only has access to the Dashboard and its visualizations. The viewer will not be able to see the Filebox in the Workspace.
Each Filebox may have multiple users for each one of the roles (e.i a Filebox can have 3 owners and 1 viewer)
You may EDIT FileBox permissions once they have been assigned:
- Go to the collaboration tab
- Hover your mouse over the user you would like to edit
- Click on the edit (pen) icon
- Select the new role from the drop-down list
Alternatively, you can delete this user entirely by clicking the trash bin icon instead of edit.
Leave a Shared FileBox
Are you receiving notifications from shared FileBoxes you are no longer contributing to? Do you no longer wish to see a FileBox on your Workspace? No problem!
You can easily leave any FileBox by following these two steps:
1. Go to DataRails Workspace and move the cursor over the FileBox that you want to leave. Click on the three dots to open the drop-down menu, and choose "Leave FileBox".
2. In the dialog box, click Leave.
Custom Permission Roles
DataRails offers a number of predefined permission roles that reflect typical use-cases for DataRails users. You can either use these roles as-is or define your own roles and assign them to users in your organization. This allows you to customize permission types that best suit your own organizational structure and workflow.
For instance, you may find the predefined "Contributor" role suitable for your organization's needs but would not like "contributors" to have the ability to take control over a file that is open on another computer. No problem! we can set a new role without the unwanted function.
At this stage, customized permission roles are determined by you and managed by our support team.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com