Log files help solve problems you may encounter when using DataRails.
There are 3 ways to generate logs:
- Access from DataRails Excel Addin
- Access from the DataRails App Icon
- For admin users only - Get logs Remotely
*If DataRails Addin doesn't appear in Excel select the second way
1. Access from DataRails Excel Addin:
- Click on the help button
- Choose Event Log
- Click on Zip logs
- A folder will open with the log files. Make sure to use the most recent file.
2. Access from the DataRails App Icon:
- Run the DataRails sync app.
- Click on the DataRails icon from the icon tray
- Click on Generate Logs:
- Send me the latest zip file in the logs folder
3. For admin users only - Get logs Remotely
- Go to Devices
- Search by a user or device name
- Click on the 3 dots > Generate logs
- An email will be sent to your email with the logs
- Or you can go to Requested logs and use the download button