The SQL Connector is a syncing service, pushing data from DataRails’ application to any 3rd party database, such as the SQL database.
The SQL Connector is used to push data from Excel files mapped to DataRails into SQL database tables.
The data that will be available in these tables is determined according to the Excel file mapping.
- Mapping the file is done using DataRails, it’s a simple process of choosing the relevant data to be later on exported and used.
- File mapping is flexible and can be changed throughout time.
DataRails SQL Connector Service should be installed on a server machine. It can be an existing server as long as the hardware requirements are met. It does NOT have to be the same server that hosts the SQL Server database.
- Operating system: Windows Server 2012 or higher.
- Recommended: 4 Processors, 16 GB RAM, 50GB Free disk space
- Minimal: 2 Processors, 8 GB RAM, 30GB Free disk space
- An access to https://app.datarails.com via 443 port is required.
- An access to https://static.datarails.com via 443 port is required.
- If IP white labeling is required:
* if on-prem, needs access to the onpremise server
Download the latest version from here and follow the instructions.
- From the system tray, right click on DataRails icon and select 'Settings':
- In the settings dialog, please fill the following settings:
- Server Url: https://app.datarails.com/
- Server Address: https://app.datarails.com/OData.svc
- Username: <username>
- Password: <password>
- In SQL Connection String field, please fill the relevant connection string for your SQL Server. Sample:
Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=syncTest;Integrated Security=SSPI;
Please note that the SYSTEM user of the machine that is running the service, must have a login in the SQL server.
- Click 'Save'. Click 'Yes' on the 'Restart Service' dialog.
- The sync should begin. In order to monitor the progress:
- Open your SQL Server Console Management Studio
- For each table shared with the SQL user in DataRails, you should see a matching table in the SQL Server.
- DRUpdateTimes table is a control table that shows times and status of each table synced.
- Extracting log files:
- Right click the DataRails SQL Connector icon in the icon tray > Open Folder.
- In the opened folder, go to “logs” sub-folder.
- After mapping tables in DataRails, it’s required to share the Filebox with the mapped tables with the DataRails SQL user.
- Only then, the tables in the DataRails database will flow to the local SQL database.
- Download the latest software.
- There is NO need to uninstall the previous version.
- The previous settings WILL BE saved.
- Follow the installer instructions.
- After the installation, the service will automatically start.