(1) The DataRails Add-in provides the ability to seamlessly work with the DataRails tool from within Excel. Each menu section focuses the users attention to a particular part of the tool in a logical manner. The following article will go into the details of each of the sections and menu items.
A. Submit Final - This allows the file to be saved as a final draft within the DataRails tool.
B. Save Draft - This allows to save a version of the file as a draft within the DataRails tool.
C. Sign Version - Used for audit purposes. A new signed status version of the file is created in DataRails each time the signature is given.
A. Versions - Shows you all FileBox versions uploaded.
B. Cell Audit- Provides a historical graph of the changes that have occurred in this particular cell over time. Can view in graph format or list view.
C. Drill Down - Opens a new tab that provides the lowest level details for a particular data point (cell). The newly opened tab/s can be closed by clicking on "Clear."
D. Analysis - Allows you to compare, analyze, and review different sets of data points.
- Vertical - Shows percentile between a set of numbers in the selected column.
- Horizontal - Used to compare two set of data as defined by filter selection. Changing "Var" to % will show data in percent.
- Graph - Select any existing cell within your sheet to create graphical data, which can be manipulated.
5. Insights - Brings users to the DataRails tool to visualize information from the data source.
A. Refresh - Pulls the most recently uploaded data from Datarails.
(5) Data Design
A. Report - Brings user to DataRails tool to make/edit tables that will populate cells in the current spreadsheet, new spreadsheet, or formula copy.
- Add New Report / Edit Report - Where you create and edit reports. Reports can be copied and renamed.
- Global Filters - Add Filter/s to your sheet, without editing the existing report.
- Data Selectors - Convert value data to a defined set of values. This is configured within DataRails web application.
- Scenarios - Toggle between different scenarios configured in DataRails web application.
- View Report - Shows original report created.
- Show Formula - Breakdown of cell calculation and what each cell source is.
- Before: =@DATARAILS.GetData("9981_0", dr_control_9981_0, $A$8,$B13,E$5)
- After: =DATARAILS.GetData("9981_0", dr_control_9981_0, "[ACCOUNTTYPE]","[CATEGORY]","[VT_Year]")
- Disconnect Report - Will disconnect your report from DataRails.
- Clean Reports - Will clean the report.
B. Mapping - Opens Data Mapper to map Table.
- Extracted Cells - Displays cells that were mapped to DataRails system.
(6) Info - Shows FileBox current status, last refresh, FileBox name, and if it is the latest version.
(7) Filters - Displays filters that are currently applied to the file.
(8) Permissions - Here you can limit what other users will be able to do with the provided file.
(9) User - Users can logout, disconnect, connect to our Knowledge Base, view version number, and extract logs.